Enrol in a course at the Canterbury Workers Educational Association!
In May and June Catherine from Thrive OT will be delivering 2 short courses at the CWEA about Positive Ageing.
The courses running are:
Positive Ageing. May 14 and 21, 1-2.30 $14
This 2 week fun and interactive course will enable participants to understand the 10 factors that influence wellbeing and quality of life for older people. These factors are:
- Maintaining independence and physical abilities
- Mental health and wellbeing
- Cognition and ageing
- Self-management of health conditions
- Attitudes to ageing – yours and others
- Participation in work and the community
- Enhancing your environment to promote positive ageing
- Maintaining purpose and meaning as you age
We will explore strategies and actions individuals can take to maximise positive ageing. The course will include a self-assessment of the ageing process and some personal goal setting as well as understanding locally available services and resources.
The other course at the CWEA is
Future Proofing your Quality of Life as you Age. June 4, 11 and 18. 1-2.30 $20
This 3 week, fun and interactive course will explore the many things to consider as you age well in place. Ageing well in place is about living the life you want to live, and where you want to live as you age. We will explore topics such as;
- staying in your own home vs retirement village living,
- life without a car,
- working past retirement,
- living well with long term health conditions or disability and
- thinking about the end of life.
These are serious issues, yet they are presented in a positive and supportive way by Catherine Fink, occupational therapist at Thrive www.thriveot.co.nz which supports people to age positively.
For more information see www.cwea.org.nz